Monday, November 30, 2009

Utopia reversed- Howe


Week 3

I think that sex and sexism will never go out of style. I also think that sexism is always going to be controversial because the sexes have differing roles and personalities. And ‘speaking of the mind’ happens with controversy especially when self-interests are put into play. As far as the future, I also hope that sexism or racism is less of an issue. However, it will take a lot of awareness and consciousness amongst peoples in various societies for the issue to decrease. And I’m sure there will be another issue to tackle if it’s not the issue of racism or sexism. It is a good point that being a “housewife” used to be a style and now women have careers. Although women still get paid less than men in the corporate world. Back to my previous point, that there will always be something that we need to tackle as changes in trends occur over time. Overall, I do agree that it’s important to take into account history so we can all have better mind sets in present time. And although there will always be challenges to overcome- we as society I think learn something important for the future from generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment